This is hot stuff. EMC Marketing is building one of the first-of-its-kind Marketing Sciences labs. The job itself will be based in either the Boston or San Francisco areas and is responsible to help tie EMC’s social intelligence to the rest of our BI. Come work with me!
– Marketing Science Lab
Marketing’s Big Data Science Lab is designed to share insight with our partners by serving as a catalyst, consultant, analyst for marketing-wide decision support using advanced analytics. Our charter is to apply rigorous data mining and data-backed reasoning to real-world issues to better understand marketing effectiveness, customer buying behavior, segmentation patterns and more. The Marketing Science Lab will have three pillars: (i) data scientists who will use advanced econometric modeling techniques to detect patterns in big data, (ii) data archeologists who will provide a lighter version of analysis for a more comprehensive understanding of campaign performance or marketing trend variance discovery, and (iii) a data quality management effort to continually evolve customer data quality.
If bringing your passion for analytics, big data and marketing to architect a new capability for EMC seems like a positive step for your career, we ask that you apply today.
Brief Description of Role
The Consultant Analyst (Req ID – 86635BR) of the Marketing Science Lab will be a part of a larger EMC big data analytic community but report directly into the Director of Marketing Sciences. This position will partner with the marketing leadership team, the Global Campaign Teams, Field Marketing, Sales and Voice of the Customer to understand business opportunities, problems, and trend variance to identify analytic assignments to deliver actionable insight. In an analytic capacity, this position will leverage data from a variety of social and traditional platforms to deliver actionable insight for business decision making and monitoring. The primary focus for this analyst will be to understand social trends and sentiment tied to EMC’s product footprint, as well as evaluate and monitor the overall heath, engagement and traffic patterns for EMC’s Community Network.
The candidate must be passionate about learning new platforms to access data, be exceptionally inquisitive to explore trends and have the technical ability to combine data for ad hoc analysis. Although not required, interest in learning about more advanced statistical methodologies is a plus.
- Bachelor or MS in economics, statistics, marketing or a related field with a strong interest in iterativeanalysis for marketing, media and community behavior optimization
- 3-5 years experience working in BtB CRM environments (client and service side) across marketing and sales. Keen understanding of how business processes curate data and to navigate through data using a variety of tools, including Jive, Access, Omniture, Attensity among other social tools
- Experience and/or awareness web analytics and user behavior trends
- Ability to synthesize findings with executive ready presentations of findings and recommended outcomes
- Discplined approach to identify key performance indicators that may not currently exist in the business, especially around community and social, and report out on a regular cadence
- Skilled at understanding high-level business questions, objectives, and needs in order to develop a thoughtful and robust analytics strategy
- Brings a highly creative approach to quantitative analysis and problem solving and is able to comfortably think outside the traditional methodologies to analyze data and render findings
- Comfortable with the integration of external third party data sources (e.g., market research, demographic, macro-economic data) with internal transactional data to model and understanding consumer behavior and their response to marketing exposure
- Proven ability to communicate, both written and oral, effectively with individuals from various aspects of business, from Senior Executives to line level employees and external business partners
- The candidate should be able to clearly synthesize and communicate technical analytical results to increase our business partners’ understanding of the findings and their confidence in our capabilities
EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
EMC does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed “EMC Agency Fee Agreement.”